MSc in Data Science and Management
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in “Data Science and Management”
jointly offered by
IIT Ropar and IIM Amritsar
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in “Data Science and Management” is a full-time two-year residential program that is jointly offered by the Indian Institute of Management Amritsar and the Indian Institute of Technology Ropar. Each academic year commences in August/September and comprises two semesters each.
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in “Data Science and Management” is a full-time two-year residential program that is jointly offered by the Indian Institute of Management Amritsar and the Indian Institute of Technology Ropar. Each academic year commences in August/September and comprises two semesters each. Tim Berners- Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web, stated that data is precious and will last longer than the systems themselves. Data is the crux of handling most decision- making problems, and its presence has become imperative to Business and Management. Today, most industries and companies heavily rely on inferences that can be derived from the vast amount of available data, leading to a steep rise in the demand for highly skilled data scientists.
This innovative residential MSc. program in “Data Science and Management” hosted by IIM Amritsar and IIT Ropar intends to provide a thorough knowledge of data science and its managerial applications. The participants will be equipped to organize, visualize, and analyze data and apply the insights to solve business and management problems. The program is structured to provide a cross-functional learning experience to the participants and groom them to become agile and skilled data scientists who are adept at working in various settings and can meet today’s challenges of dynamic business environments. This program will enable the participants to work across disciplinary boundaries and effectively deploy data- intensive solutions.
1. Develop a strong understanding of Data Science, Analytics, and Management.
2. Equip participants with analytical and cross-functional skills to translate data analysis into meaningful insights.
3. Enable participants to arrive at informed decisions in this dynamic and disruptive era.
4. Create skilled working professionals with an aptitude to implement data- driven decisions in managerial applications.
In case of queries, contact email@example.com
1. The programme, co-prepared by IIM Amritsar and IIT Ropar includes a mix of courses from the areas of Algorithms and Data Structures, Statistics, Data Analytics, Information Systems, and Management.
2. The two-year program will be delivered across four semesters. It will be co-taught by faculties from both the host institutes and the students will be hosted at each institute for a period of one year (first year in IIT Ropar and second year in IIM Amritsar).
3. The coursework consists of core and elective courses along with the Summer Live project, and Final Capstone Project.
4. The Summer Live Project (SLP) will be an option for students to pursue a project either with an academic faculty (of reputed institutes in India or abroad) or with a firm during the break between the second and third semesters. The summer live project has to be attained by the students themselves.
5. The Final Capstone Project will be pursued in the fourth semester along with the coursework. The project will be guided by one faculty from IIM Amritsar and one faculty from IIT Ropar. The successful completion of the project is mandatory to complete the program.
The Semester-wise break-up of the mandatory (core) subjects offered are given as follows:
*Subjects are tentative and subject to changes
*Dates are tentative and subject to changes