Board of Literary Affairs has following clubs under its umbrella:
Platform to express ideas and debate to reach constructive conclusions
Training the mind using complex brain teasers
Film Making and Video Editing
The section presents the Organisation of the Bodies supporting each member of the Executive Council. All the constitutional bodies shall meet atleast once every month pertaining issues and new proposals for the welfare of the Students.
The Council Works as under:
a. Faculty Member (max 2) nominated by the Dean/Associate Dean of Student Affairs, IIT Ropar (Advisory).
b. General Secretary BOLA (Chairman).
c. Representatives of all clubs under the Board of Literary Affairs(BOLA).
2. Various clubs shall be established under the Board of Literary Activities (BOLA) which shall be funded by the BOLA account and by the Institute/Dean/ Associate Dean. These clubs shall promote and organise activities in their domain. Each club shall have representatives leading the club. They shall prepare a budget for the activities they plan to organise and discuss it with the Chairman and Faculty I/c of the BOLA.
3. The clubs can be created or dissolved at any time of the year with the consent of the Board of Literary Activities (BOLA). Regular evaluation of the clubs will be undertaken by the Chairman and in case of inactivity of the club over a period of upto 3 months, he may request the Faculty I/c, Board of Literary Activities (BOLA) to either change the representatives or dissolve the club with the consent of the Board.
4. The Council shall assist of the General Secretary BOLA in all matters related to Literary activities.
The roles, responsibilities and duties of the elected Executive Council members of the Student Council are described in the sub-sections below.
The Executive Council shall meet atleast once every month pertaining issues and new proposals for the welfare of the Students.
1. The Board of Literary Activities shall be responsible for following and these are
categorised as literary activities for the all the further clauses as such -
(a) Promoting the art of speaking on various platforms
(b) Identifying and promoting discussions on important issues
(c) Celebrating cinema and identifying the talent in the field
(d) Providing an outlet for and cultivating literary talent
(e) Increasing awareness on general affairs through quizzing
(f) Using print media, online media responsibly and providing acceptable journalism
(g) Workshops for debating, writing, quizzing and other literary fields development of the students
2. He/she shall plan a schedule of literary activities to be held during his term along with budgetary requirements, and present the same to the Faculty Advisor, Board of Literary Activities for discussion and coordination with the other student events.
3. He/she shall convene all meetings of the Board of Literary Activities and prepare their minutes.
4. He/she shall seek advice from the Faculty Advisor, Board of Literary Activities of the Institute on all matters related to speaking, quizzing, literary activities and media and publications.
5. He/she shall provide support to the Institute on all matters related to literary activities.
6. He/she shall work with the Faculty Advisor, Board of Literary Activities of the Institute to liaise with external agencies regarding matters related to literary activities.
7. He/she shall organize activities listed above under literary activities.
8. He/she shall work with Faculty Advisor, Board of Literary Activities on all matters listed above. He/she she is to plan a schedule for the list of activities to be held throughout each semester.
9. He/she shall analyse the situation periodically related to matters listed in 2.6.1 and generate Agenda for the next meeting of Committee for Literary Activities.
10. He/she shall coordinate the literary activities related to InterCollegiate events held by Student Council of IIT Ropar or by the other Institute,Universities and Colleges across the country.
11. He/she will be the Ex-officio President of the Working committee for any inter-collegiate event promoting Literary activities as such.
DebSoc (Debating Society), IIT Ropar is the grandstand for its students to develop their oratory skills and as well as provide a medium to express their views and give logics to counter each other. Over a little span of time, students from DebSoc have won many national level prizes, bringing laurels to the institute.
Enigma is the quizzing club under BOLA, which tests and proliferates the culture of making the masters of quizzing and knowledge experts. The club is a platform for all those who love being aware of the worls and its happenings!
Alpha Productions, IIT Ropar is a channel for students to express their creative and revolutionary ideas and expressions to the world through the latest medium of internet (movies and films). All the student creations are expressed by this club of the board.
General Secretary, Board of Literary Affairs