The department of physics invites applications from Indian citizens for PhD twice a year in three broad areas:
· Condensed Matter Physics and Material Science (click here)
· Nuclear and Particle Physics (click here)
· Light-Matter Interactions and Quantum Information (click here)
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
First Class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST candidates) in Master's or equivalent degree in Physics or relevant subject / B. Tech. in Engineering Physics with valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR-NET(JRF) or DST-INSPIRE fellowship.
or M. Tech. in subjects relevant to the following thrust areas from the academic/research institutes where the candidate was admitted in MTech on the basis of valid GATE score.
- Theoretical Quantum Optics
- Experimental Nuclear Physics
- Laser Spectroscopy of nano composites
- Quantum Computing & Information
For online application: click here | Application deadline: Keep an eye on this space
Project Positions: NEW
Call for the recruitment of a JRF / RA for a CSIR funded Project (Ref. No. CSIR/03(1353)/16/EMR-II) | Click HERE for details
Subject Area - Experimental Nuclear Physis (“Onset and strength of Massive Transfer Events in Low Energy Heavy Ion Reactions”)