Faculty Research and Innovation Awards
Nominations are invited for the Faculty Research and Innovation Awards (FRIA) in order to encourage excellence in research and innovation. FRIA committee will evaluate the nominations and identify a maximum of 5 faculty members, 3 at early career level and 2 at mid-career level, for their excellence in work primarily done at IIT Ropar.
The following guidelines will be followed in the process of selection for these awards:
1. Any faculty member, engaged in teaching, research, continuing education, project, and consultancy works, who is not more than 40 years of age for Early Career and above 40 years for Mid Career is eligible for the Award. The nominee should be a regular employee of IIT Ropar. Selection will be done based on their performance while at IIT Ropar. Research contribution in terms of quality and impact of the papers or articles published/accepted, books/book chapters authored, patents, society etc. will be taken into consideration in the selection process.
2. Salient features of the Institute Research & Innovation Awards are given below:
For Early Career Level: (Maximum 03 awards)
a) An additional international conference attendance sponsorship outside CPDA each year, for 2 years.
b) Professional activity (such as equipment, travel, inviting collaborators, etc.) grant of Rs.20 lakhs.
c) Awardees will be nominated by the Institute for Young Scientist / Young Engineer Awards, if eligible.
For Mid Career Level: (Maximum 02 awards)
a) One additional conference attendance sponsorship outside CPDA each year, for 2 years.
b) Professional activity (such as equipment, travel, inviting collaborators, etc.) grant of Rs.30 lakhs.
c) A Post Doctoral Scholar for two years at Institute’s cost/two professional society membership costs outside CPDA for two years.
d) Awardees will be deemed automatically eligible for Institutional nomination to suitable prestigious national/international recognition.
3. The nominations should be sent to the Research office on or before January 05, 2018. Information regarding nominees should be sent as per enclosed pro-forma prescribed for the nomination.
4. No nomination will be considered in absentia (i.e. during sabbatical, long leave etc.).
5. Faculty members who are once awarded FRIA will not be considered for the award for next 5 years.
6. The nominated faculty, if selected, can withdraw the award.
7. Faculty Research and Innovation Awards will be presented at the institute level event.